GP Patient Survey 2018 Results
The finding of the GP Patient Survey 2018 for England - compiled from responses from almost 760,000 people - have been published. The survey, which has been redesigned to better reflect patient experience and the changing shape of primary care, has also been extended to include 16-17 year olds for the first time.
You can view results for your GP Practice or compare results at https://gp-patient.co.uk/
Some highlights for the East Berkshire CCG area:
- 64% said it was very easy or fairly easy to get through to someone at their GP Practice
- 86% said receptionists at their GP practice were very or fairly helpful
- 32% said they knew they could book appointments and order repeat prescriptions online
- 11% said they had made appointments online and 13% said they had ordered repeat prescriptions online
- 73% of people said it was very or fairly easy to use their GP Practice’s website to look for information or access services
- 12% of people said they knew about extended hours’ services
- 54% of people said there was a particular GP they prefer to see or speak to of which 41% said they always or almost always/a lot of the time saw them.
- 84% of people said they were given enough time with a healthcare professional
- 86% of people said that the healthcare professional listened to them